Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.
Make sure to notify your instructors that you are experiencing an issue and have submitted a Support Request Ticket with the CTL.
There are a few steps you can take that may fix the issue you are having. Please follow these instructions carefully. If this does not resolve your issue, reply to this message and I will follow-up.
*** Always use Google Chrome or Firefox to access Blackboard. Other browsers may not load completely.
Can you access your Athens Technical College email account but not Blackboard? (Remember, you are using the same user name and password for both.)
Yes – I can assess email, but not Blackboard – The error you have received can be resolved by clearing your browsing history. Follow the instructions below.
No – I cannot access either my email or Blackboard. – You need to reset your password with the Office of Registration and Records using this link
After resetting your password, clear your browser’s history before trying to login again. This will remove the error message you have received. Follow the instructions below.
Please carefully follow the troubleshooting steps below in order.
1. Clear browsing history – See attached instructions.
2. From a laptop or desktop computer, open a new browser window (Google Chrome recommended)
*** Do not use a bookmark or any saved passwords
3. Go to www.athenstech.edu > Resources > E-Learning-Blackboard
4. Click on “Faculty and Student Login”
5. Enter your user name (without the @student.athenstech.edu)
6. Enter your password
* Using a laptop or desktop computer is recommended when accessing Blackboard. Mobile devices may not properly load all content from Blackboard.
* Always use Google Chrome or Firefox to access Blackboard. Other browsers may not load completely.
* Do not click on a bookmark that you have saved on your desktop for Athens Technical College or Blackboard. You will need to delete that bookmark and save a new one (that has a new link) once you have successfully logged in.
* Do not rely on saved passwords. After you clear your browser history, manually enter your password to access Blackboard. If you save your passwords, you may update your password when prompted by your browser.
* Remember: only use the first part of your email. Do NOT include @student.athenstech.edu as part of your username.
* Your email password is also your Blackboard password. You are required to change your password every 42 days through Office 365 online. If you forget to do this, you will have to get your password reset by the Office of Registration and Records using this link